Use Case Modeling: Lab Setup Instructions (Instructor Setup)
Below are the standard requirements for this course. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us.
Note: Student computers are NOT required for this course.
Hardware/software setup is for instructor only.
Hardware and classroom setup.
Each instructor shall have a workstation that fulfills the listed requirements. Students do NOT need computers.
- Required: Intel-compatible processor (with reasonably recent hardware).
- Memory: 8GB recommended (4GB minimum)
- Disk Space: Free disk space for software installs (generally minimum 2GB)
- Operating System: One of the following.
- Windows OS: Modern version (Windows 7, 10, etc. - labs have not been tested on Windows 8 variants)
- Mac OS: Any relatively recent version - lab instructions are generally geared for Windows users, but Mac users should be able to adapt fairly easily. If shell scripts are provided for labs, they generally are provided in both Windows and *nix variants.
- Linux: The labs should run under Linux, but we do not test under Linux, nor directly support it. If you have problems or questions, feel free to reach out, and we’ll do our best to help.
- Recommended: Internet access
- Recommended: Class machines networked together - allows students to access a shared network directory.
Other instructor requirements for the classroom
- Projector or large screen TV capable of 1280x800 or higher resolution. Instructor must be able to use this to project slides.
- Whiteboard (preferred) or flip charts with markers.